1. For a few months in my 5th year of life my sister had me convinced I was an alien from another galaxy. I believed my alien language (read: gibberish) was an intelligible language understood by our cat Sabrina. To this day I still feel like I don't belong in this world and that animals can understand my gibberish ramblings.
2. While tea (green, oolong, pu-erh) is my favorite beverage I dislike drinking anything hot. 140 degree and below beverages are my thing.
3. I'll never be known as a traditionalist but I'm very much fascinated in how traditions came into being.
4. Green is my favorite color, particularly peridot.
5. No. 1 on any To Do list I write is always: "Make a To Do List." Often it is the only thing on the list that ever gets crossed off.
6. I have always been an early riser, though the time does vary between 4:30am and 6:30am.
7. I am total momma's boy. I have no qualms stating I'm a total momma's boy. In fact, I'm quite proud to be a momma's boy because my mom is the coolest person I know.
8. My idea of comfort food is Brown Rice and Tofu from Ellie's Mutt Hutt & Vegetarian Cafe in Ukiah, Ca.
9. Given the choice my vacation spots are always: mountains over beaches, cold climates versus warm, secluded areas versus touristy.
10. Having done the Vacation Bible School circuit as a child ad nauseum (upwards of 4-6 churches per summer) I developed abandonment issues each time I was asked to pray for Jesus to enter my heart. Why did he keep leaving me between churches?
11. When someone says "church" I taste grape juice.
12. Despite how cold the temperature is outside I must sleep with a window cracked open.
13. The only real phobia I have is a fear of ignorant people.
14. My personal motto is: Find the comedic lining in every tragedy cloud.
15. Authenticity is high on the list of attributes I find becoming in people. I have a very low tolerance for pretense.
16. Everyday I fall in love with the silliest things: binder clips, onomatopoeic words, Venn diagrams
17. Favorite leafy green: dino kale
18. I have already picked out the titles for far more books than I intend to write.
19. I live with one life-size mannequin, thirteen hand puppets, five marionettes, one animatronic chimp and one very misanthropic Furby. I'm always looking to add more puppets but no more Furbies.
20. Cracking/popping my jaw, because of TMJ, is my favorite not-so-nervous tick.
21. I like to think about yoga more than I like doing yoga.
22. Most people assume I only have one sibling, my sister. They're wrong.
23. I tend to make things more difficult than they are, or, should be.
24. I suffer from vaginal dryness mostly because I don't have a vagina.
25. People often misinterpret my humor.